King’s Ely through to third round of England Hockey competition
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely has qualified for the third round of the England Hockey National Schools Tier 1 Competition.
The school’s 1st XI girls team played against Wellingborough School in the second round of the competition on November 8.
The girls qualified for that round after beating Stamford High School 3-0 in the preliminary round last month, with all three goals scored by Rebecca Daniel.
In the match King’s Ely were 4-1 down up until the last eight minutes of the game.
With Rebecca on her usual top form, the girls fought back to win 5-4 – with Rebecca scoring all five goals.
You may also want to watch:
Chanre Bond, head of girls’ games at King’s Ely, said: “I am extremely proud of the entire team and the way in which the girls never gave up.
“The delight and happiness on their faces after the match was one I will never forget.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
“Well done to all of you, you are a super team!”
The girls have qualified for the third round of the England Hockey National Schools Tier 1 Competition, which is due to take place before the end of the Michaelmas Term.