Ely pub organises charity fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
An Ely pub organised an outdoor garden party to raise funds for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
The Kings Arms, in St Mary’s Street, raised almost £350 for the charity at the event which also featured live music.
Fabio, who manages the pub with his wife Viviane said: “As well as raising money, the party also brought the community together.
“Caipira Brazilian Flavours came from Ely Market to help us and we had a great time with good music from Jacen Bruce.
“We chose East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices for this event because of the great work they do for children and the amazing support for their families.”
You may also want to watch:
The event was held on Sunday August 30.
The Kings Arms, which is owned by the Craft Union Pub Company, was completely refurbished and relaunched in February with the aim of offering the best in live music and entertainment.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning