King's School Sculler Wins 50k Race
KINGS School sculler Laurence Dugdale returned from the Boston Marathon with a fantastic win in the annual 50k race. He is still only 16 years old, but won the J18 category in three hours, 55 minutes and 35 seconds, missing the long-standing J18 record by
KINGS School sculler Laurence Dugdale returned from the Boston Marathon with a fantastic win in the annual 50k race.
He is still only 16 years old, but won the J18 category in three hours, 55 minutes and 35 seconds, missing the long-standing J18 record by only 20 seconds.
Dugdale was also the fastest single sculler on the day in all categories.
Tim Mitchell came third in the J16 category (4:30.25), and his younger brother Christopher - who also had to compete in the J16s because there were no single J15s - finished in a very creditable time of 5:03.52.
You may also want to watch:
J18 competitor Richard Glasspool recorded a time of 5:16.15, and Robert Deamer was a little further back in 5:17.47 following an unfortunate collision and capsize.
Boy's Coach Chris Smith won the Senior 3 category in 3:57.29, some 15 minutes ahead of the field.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 7 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Fellow Coach Jerry Dale - competing in the Veteran F class - came in at 4:23.23.
Pic cap: Kings School's Laurence Dugdale, who was the fastest sculler in the annual Lincoln - Boston Marathon.