King’s Ely pupils victorious at Regional Judo Championships
- Credit: Archant
Two students from King’s Ely took home silver and bronze medals at this year’s Area Regional British Schools Judo Championships.
Joseph Sibson and Lucas Hilchenko, both 11, took the medals home after their performance at the championships.
After their success at the regionals, the duo will get priority entry into the National British Schools Judo Championships next year for doing so well.
Joseph, who lives with his family in Ely, won a silver medal in the over 55kg category and Lucas, from Sutton, near Ely, won a bronze medal in the less than 42kg category.
Joseph and Lucas both represented King’s Ely Junior in the Year 7 category.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Whymark, head of King’s Ely Junior, said: “We were delighted that Joseph and Lucas did so well in the competition. Their hard work over the last few years has been rewarded with the success they so deserve and we will be wishing them every success at their forthcoming competitions too”.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'