King’s Ely fashion students show off their ‘flamboyant designs’ at annual knitting and stitching show
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely students packed their bespoke designs and headed to London’s Olympia for an annual four-day knitting and stitching exhibition.
The GCSE and A Level fashion pupils went to showcase their work to thousands of ticket holders and to get inspiration from hundreds of stalls – all displaying their unique designs.
The Spring Knitting and Stitching Show took place a fortnight after King’s art students exhibited their work at the London Cruise Show.
Alison Rhodes, director of art at King’s, said: “Approximately 13,000 people visited this show over the four days and we are now exploring the many contacts made during this exciting period.
“Our students have also been invited to exhibit their fashion design at Alexandra Palace in October 2018 which is an invaluable extension to their educational experience at King’s Ely.
You may also want to watch:
“This also provides a unique addition to UCAS applications, interviews and future employment.
“King’s fashion and textiles students achieve some of the best GCSE and A Level results in the country.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
“Many students go on to study at internationally-renowned universities and colleges.”