King’s Ely design and technology student, Oliver, invited to showcase work at Young Furniture Makers’ Exhibition in London
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely sixth form student Oliver Hutchinson has been invited to showcase his design and technology work at an exhibition in London.
The 17-year-old, who is one of King’s Ely’s heads of school this year, will be attending the Young Furniture Makers’ Exhibition at the Dutch Church in Austin Friars, London on Tuesday October 10.
Oliver, of Fulbourn will exhibit design work completed as part of his design and technology product design AS Level, as well as a lamp and Porsche 911 paperweight that I made.
“The thing I enjoy most about product design is that you can come up with solutions that would not necessarily be obvious.
“Design and technology allows me to explore different ideas and come up with outside of the box solutions.
You may also want to watch:
“After sixth form, I would like to study mechanical engineering at university.
“I would then like to pursue a career in automotive design, particularly the mechanical aspects of design.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
Claire Poole, head of design and technology at King’s Ely Senior, said: “Oliver has done incredibly well in his detailed and analytical work.
“This is the first year that a King’s Ely student has been invited to attend the exhibition with their work and I am so proud of his achievements.
“Oliver is such a talented student, not just in our department, but in the school as a whole.”
For more information about the Young Furniture Makers’ Exhibition, visit www.furnituremakers.org.uk