King’s Ely design and technology student, Oliver, invited to showcase work at Young Furniture Makers’ Exhibition in London
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely sixth form student Oliver Hutchinson has been invited to showcase his design and technology work at an exhibition in London.
The 17-year-old, who is one of King’s Ely’s heads of school this year, will be attending the Young Furniture Makers’ Exhibition at the Dutch Church in Austin Friars, London on Tuesday October 10.
Oliver, of Fulbourn will exhibit design work completed as part of his design and technology product design AS Level, as well as a lamp and Porsche 911 paperweight that I made.
“The thing I enjoy most about product design is that you can come up with solutions that would not necessarily be obvious.
“Design and technology allows me to explore different ideas and come up with outside of the box solutions.
“After sixth form, I would like to study mechanical engineering at university.
“I would then like to pursue a career in automotive design, particularly the mechanical aspects of design.”
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 5 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 6 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
Claire Poole, head of design and technology at King’s Ely Senior, said: “Oliver has done incredibly well in his detailed and analytical work.
“This is the first year that a King’s Ely student has been invited to attend the exhibition with their work and I am so proud of his achievements.
“Oliver is such a talented student, not just in our department, but in the school as a whole.”
For more information about the Young Furniture Makers’ Exhibition, visit www.furnituremakers.org.uk