King’s Ely student Luna, 18, wins international photography award
- Credit: Archant
An Ely student has won an international award after being recognised for her photography work.
Luna Guo, from King's Ely Sixth Form, was crowned Ilford International Student Photographer of the Year with her print 'If you don't help them who will?' having already picked up the UK Student Photographer of the Year award in April.
The competition sets school, college and university students from across the globe with the task of creating a black and white image that encapsulates an inspiring line from a book, film, poem, quote or song.
Luna, 18, said: "I wanted to create an image of the situation that people are facing today when they cannot find someone for help or help others.
"I had a strong vision of how I wanted the image to look with scale in mind and long shadows.
"I find using the darkroom very therapeutic and rewarding as I am able to work without the safety net of image enhancing software and learning traditional photographic skills."
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 5 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 8 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks