King’s Ely student and his family qualify for quarter-finals of ITV quiz show ‘Britain’s Brightest Family’
- Credit: Archant
A King’s Ely Senior student and two members of his family have reached the quarter-finals of new ITV show Britain’s Brightest Family.
George Collier, 14, appeared on the quiz show, which is hosted by the queen of quizzing, The Governess, aka Anne Hegerty, with his mother, Janine, and grandfather, Brian.
George and his family beat the runner-up family by 60 points, earning them a place in the quarter-finals. If they win the show, they will earn the title of Britain’s Brightest Family and win a holiday to Orlando, Florida.
George, whose younger brother Benjamin also attends King’s Ely, has been a student at the school since joining King’s Ely Acremont in reception.
George, who hopes to have a career in medicine, said: “It was surprising that we made it to the quarter-finals to be honest, as we haven’t done any quizzes before.
You may also want to watch:
“However we’re pleased at how well we did. Our tactic to let the other team answer and get us points by default worked well.
“It was also very interesting learning about the production of TV behind the scenes as I do film, animation and photography in my spare time.”
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
Visit www.itv.com to watch the show.