King’s Ely and Norwich City FC RDP partnership scores three-year extension deal
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds more children and young people from across Ely will benefit from a sporting partnership between King’s Ely and Norwich City Football Club Regional Development Programme (RDP).
The scheme sees King's Ely host football and sports-related activities and initiatives run by the RDP, not just during term time but also during the school holidays.
It was in 2016 that King's Ely and Norwich City's RDP joined forces to launch the Cambridgeshire Community Hub Partnership - the first of its kind for the county.
The partnership, which has been extended for a further three years, will now welcome children from across the region to attend the hub.
RDP managing director, Alex Kaufman, said: "It's been a really successful three years with King's Ely, who have provided the RDP with great opportunities to deliver our weekly courses and holiday experiences at a fantastic venue."
You may also want to watch:
Director of sport at King's Ely, Jim Thompson, said: "Since we launched the partnership three years ago, the programme has really developed and both the school and the club are continuing to gain a huge amount."
For more information about the Norwich City RDP visit: www.canaries.co.uk/rdp/
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody