Ely student joins a national girls’ youth choir
- Credit: Archant
Talented Ely pupil Sophia Garrard is singing with the National Youth Girls’ Choir this summer.
Sophia, 11, auditioned for the prestigious choir in October last year and was successful in securing a place on its summer programme, which is taking place at Durham University.
Head of King’s Ely Junior, Richard Whymark, said: “Sophia’s love of singing has unlocked a very special range of opportunities for her, and we have loved watching her achieve her musical dreams through sheer dedication and hard work.”
Sophia, who lives with her family in Ely, is a member of the chamber choir at King’s Ely Junior, and will be joining the Ely Cathedral girls’ choir in September.
She was also a member of Cambridge University’s St Catherine’s College girls’ choir this year.
You may also want to watch:
The highlight of the programme for Sophia and the other girls will be singing in the ‘March With Us’ concert being held at Beamish Open Air Museum on August 18th to mark the centenary of Women’s Suffrage.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools