King’s Ely fashion and textiles students to exhibit work at Great British Sewing Bee Live
- Credit: Archant
Twelve talented fashion and textiles A-Level students from King’s Ely are exhibiting their work at this year’s Great British Sewing Bee Live.
The event is being held at ExCeL London from September 21 to 24.
Alison Rhodes, director of art at King’s Ely Senior, said: “This is a wonderful opportunity for our students and is a valuable experience that contributes to their future employment.
“The invitation to exhibit at the event has come as a result of our exhibition at Alexandra Palace and promises to provide a wealth of valuable contacts.
“The event also incorporates lectures and workshops, alongside catwalk shows, and our exhibition stand will display current fashion design work.”
The week after, art and design students from King’s Ely Senior will showcase their work at The Apex in Bury St Edmunds.
The exhibition is running at the gallery, based in Charter Square, from September 26 to October 19. It will be open daily from 10am-4pm and admission is free.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 10 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
For more information about Great British Sewing Bee Live, including how to book tickets, visit www.thegreatbritishsewingbeelive.com
To find out more about the exhibition at The Apex, go to www.theapex.co.uk