King’s Ely fashion and textiles students to exhibit work at Great British Sewing Bee Live
- Credit: Archant
Twelve talented fashion and textiles A-Level students from King’s Ely are exhibiting their work at this year’s Great British Sewing Bee Live.
The event is being held at ExCeL London from September 21 to 24.
Alison Rhodes, director of art at King’s Ely Senior, said: “This is a wonderful opportunity for our students and is a valuable experience that contributes to their future employment.
“The invitation to exhibit at the event has come as a result of our exhibition at Alexandra Palace and promises to provide a wealth of valuable contacts.
“The event also incorporates lectures and workshops, alongside catwalk shows, and our exhibition stand will display current fashion design work.”
You may also want to watch:
The week after, art and design students from King’s Ely Senior will showcase their work at The Apex in Bury St Edmunds.
The exhibition is running at the gallery, based in Charter Square, from September 26 to October 19. It will be open daily from 10am-4pm and admission is free.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
For more information about Great British Sewing Bee Live, including how to book tickets, visit www.thegreatbritishsewingbeelive.com
To find out more about the exhibition at The Apex, go to www.theapex.co.uk