King’s Ely Acremont and Nursery staff and pupils surprise charitable family with toy donations
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at King’s Ely Acremont and Nursery have gone out of their way to help support people who are less fortunate by donating dozens of toys.
Earlier this year, Richard Hill, his wife Samantha and their son, Jackson, who used to attend King’s Ely Nursery, moved to Belize in Central America to set up Realize Belize – a charity which supports children, young people and adults with disabilities.
The charity is organising a Christmas Big Breakfast event where children will be able to meet Father Christmas and receive a present and, aware that the Hill family were returning to Ely last month, staff at King’s Ely decided to organise a toy collection in aid of the charity.
Samantha and Jackson were invited into King’s Ely Acremont and Nursery to collect the boxes and were overwhelmed by the four boxes of goodies that had been donated.
Samantha said: “We cannot believe how generous everyone has been, it’s unbelievable.
You may also want to watch:
“The new toys and books will be given out to children who would otherwise be unlikely to receive a Christmas present due to their family’s poverty and the used toys that have been donated will be used in the sessions we run with families.
“We cannot thank everyone at King’s Ely Acremont and Nursery enough for their generosity.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 9 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 10 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash