King’s Ely rider rises to the challenge at Pony of the Year Show 2018
- Credit: Archant
A talented King’s Ely rider was victorious at this year’s Pony of the Year Show.
Adele Shaw, 12, a student at King’s Ely Junior, was the only competitor from a field of 68 riders to go clear in all three rounds with her much-loved pony, Manor Pearl.
Pony of the Year Show (POYS) took place at Olney Showground in Rugby, Warwickshire, during the Easter holidays.
The qualifiers started on the Friday, which required a double clear round in the main indoor arena.
Adele’s first round started with the full 68 young riders. They had 16 very technical fences to jump, and only 11 riders achieved clear rounds.
You may also want to watch:
Only nine riders made it through to the third jump off round.
Adele and Manor Pearl were the only combination who rode three perfect clear rounds.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
The King’s Ely Equestrian Team, of which Adele is an avid member, has and is continuing to enjoy lots of success this season.