Kidnap Fear Stops Teenager Completing His Unpaid Work Order
A FEAR of being kidnapped stopped teenager James Hinton from completing a single hour of his 70-hour unpaid work order, magistrates were told this week. So they decided the wipe out that original sentence – and he was given a three-month electronic curfew
A FEAR of being kidnapped stopped teenager James Hinton from completing a single hour of his 70-hour unpaid work order, magistrates were told this week.
So they decided the wipe out that original sentence - and he was given a three-month electronic curfew order instead.
Under that order, 19-year-old Hinton must stay inside his home in Harvest Way at Littleport every night between 7pm and 7am, and wear an electronic tag.
"He has not done the work because he does not want to leave the property where he lives," explained solicitor Jacqui Baldwin.
You may also want to watch:
"He feels unable to go on a work placement, he fears being kidnapped if he goes, and that fear appears to be very real."
Hinton admitted a third breach of his work order, by missing an appointment on January 30, and failing to keep in touch with the probation service.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 3 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 4 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 5 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 6 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
The teenager was originally given a 50-hour work order for causing damage at the YMCA in Cambridge. The bench added 20 more hours for a first breach of the order, and a six-week curfew was given to him for a second breach.