Keep your presents safe this Christmas
POLICE in Ely are holding a special crime prevention event for Christmas.
Officers will give security advice and mark valuables before they are wrapped up as presents.
They will man a stall will be held between 8.30am and 3pm on market day in Market Square on Thursday, December 22.
PCSO Matt Chennell said: “Not only will we be offering crime prevention advice, but also talking to people about car crime and theft of cycles.
“To raise awareness of thefts from cars we will be handing out notices saying ‘no valuables left in vehicles’ for people to put in their cars and to promote this we have the force’s ‘Get Closer’ vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
“Community safety officers will also be on hand to carry out home security surveys and we will be marking people’s property.
“Registering property allows police to quickly trace the owner if it is lost or stolen and then recovered.”
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 10 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony