Keep your presents safe this Christmas
POLICE in Ely are holding a special crime prevention event for Christmas.
Officers will give security advice and mark valuables before they are wrapped up as presents.
They will man a stall will be held between 8.30am and 3pm on market day in Market Square on Thursday, December 22.
PCSO Matt Chennell said: “Not only will we be offering crime prevention advice, but also talking to people about car crime and theft of cycles.
“To raise awareness of thefts from cars we will be handing out notices saying ‘no valuables left in vehicles’ for people to put in their cars and to promote this we have the force’s ‘Get Closer’ vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
“Community safety officers will also be on hand to carry out home security surveys and we will be marking people’s property.
“Registering property allows police to quickly trace the owner if it is lost or stolen and then recovered.”
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 8 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 9 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays