Keep your presents safe this Christmas
POLICE in Ely are holding a special crime prevention event for Christmas.
Officers will give security advice and mark valuables before they are wrapped up as presents.
They will man a stall will be held between 8.30am and 3pm on market day in Market Square on Thursday, December 22.
PCSO Matt Chennell said: “Not only will we be offering crime prevention advice, but also talking to people about car crime and theft of cycles.
“To raise awareness of thefts from cars we will be handing out notices saying ‘no valuables left in vehicles’ for people to put in their cars and to promote this we have the force’s ‘Get Closer’ vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
“Community safety officers will also be on hand to carry out home security surveys and we will be marking people’s property.
“Registering property allows police to quickly trace the owner if it is lost or stolen and then recovered.”
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 6 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 7 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 8 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Annual classic car show returns to Ely