Keep your presents safe this Christmas
POLICE in Ely are holding a special crime prevention event for Christmas.
Officers will give security advice and mark valuables before they are wrapped up as presents.
They will man a stall will be held between 8.30am and 3pm on market day in Market Square on Thursday, December 22.
PCSO Matt Chennell said: “Not only will we be offering crime prevention advice, but also talking to people about car crime and theft of cycles.
“To raise awareness of thefts from cars we will be handing out notices saying ‘no valuables left in vehicles’ for people to put in their cars and to promote this we have the force’s ‘Get Closer’ vehicle.
“Community safety officers will also be on hand to carry out home security surveys and we will be marking people’s property.
“Registering property allows police to quickly trace the owner if it is lost or stolen and then recovered.”
- 1 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’