Keep parking places free in Soham on Fridays or face a fine
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned to keep clear of the market pitches in Soham on Fridays - or face a fine.
The town council is encouraging market traders to sell in the town on Fridays but police say some people are parking inconsiderately which is blocking pitches for vendors.
PC Barker, of East Cambs Police, said: “Unfortunately efforts to develop the market are being impeded by inconsiderate parking that obstructs the pitching of vendors.
“We don’t like putting fines on vehicles but where parking restrictions are clearly sign posted we need to do what we can to support the local authority and the people who would like to trade in the area.
“We’re grateful to everyone who can help by respecting the relevant areas, particularly in the early hours of Friday morning.”
You may also want to watch:
Two officers were out at 7am in Soham on Friday 22 supporting the local market.
PC Harv Barker and PC Louise Gowlett visited the area to conduct enforcement activities.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
One vehicle was subject to a parking fine of £50. Where the drivers could be located immediately, words of advice were offered.