Keen pupils turning into Choc-oholics!
THEY have read the book and seen the film – now the six and seven-year-olds at King s Acremont School are bringing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to the stage. A cast of 36 are rehearsing their roles in the adaptation of Roald Dahl s children s classic
THEY have read the book and seen the film - now the six and seven-year-olds at King's Acremont School are bringing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to the stage.
A cast of 36 are rehearsing their roles in the adaptation of Roald Dahl's children's classic, which they will perform on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Gabriel Berraondo plays Charlie Bucket, a poor boy who unwraps a Wonka chocolate bar to find one of five golden tickets which entitles him to tour the world's most amazing chocolate factory in the company of four other children - Veruca Salt, played by Christina Scullion; Augustus Gloop, Oliver Wilkinson; Violet Beauregard, Alice Crofts; and Mike Teevee, Evan Landini.
Jonathan Worden plays Willie Wonka, the eccentric factory owner.
The production has involved children from the reception class who went to Ely Cathedral's Lady Chapel on Friday to record sound effects for the chocolate room and the bubblegum machine.
Felicity Blake, head of Acremont, the pre-prep of the King's School, said: "The children love the story and are thoroughly enjoying bringing it to life and as a post-production treat, we are offering all the children Wonka chocolate bars."
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
INFO: There will be four performances - on Tuesday at 2pm and 7pm and on Wednesday and Thursday at 7pm - all in the hall at King's Acremont.
# Show time: Preparing for their production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, from left, Christina Scullion (Veruca Salt), Gabriel Berraondo (Charlie Bucket), Jonathan Worden (Willie Wonka), Oliver Wilkinson (Augustus Gloop) and Alice Crofts (Violet Beauregard).