Keen pupils turning into Choc-oholics!
THEY have read the book and seen the film – now the six and seven-year-olds at King s Acremont School are bringing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to the stage. A cast of 36 are rehearsing their roles in the adaptation of Roald Dahl s children s classic
THEY have read the book and seen the film - now the six and seven-year-olds at King's Acremont School are bringing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to the stage.
A cast of 36 are rehearsing their roles in the adaptation of Roald Dahl's children's classic, which they will perform on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Gabriel Berraondo plays Charlie Bucket, a poor boy who unwraps a Wonka chocolate bar to find one of five golden tickets which entitles him to tour the world's most amazing chocolate factory in the company of four other children - Veruca Salt, played by Christina Scullion; Augustus Gloop, Oliver Wilkinson; Violet Beauregard, Alice Crofts; and Mike Teevee, Evan Landini.
Jonathan Worden plays Willie Wonka, the eccentric factory owner.
You may also want to watch:
The production has involved children from the reception class who went to Ely Cathedral's Lady Chapel on Friday to record sound effects for the chocolate room and the bubblegum machine.
Felicity Blake, head of Acremont, the pre-prep of the King's School, said: "The children love the story and are thoroughly enjoying bringing it to life and as a post-production treat, we are offering all the children Wonka chocolate bars."
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
INFO: There will be four performances - on Tuesday at 2pm and 7pm and on Wednesday and Thursday at 7pm - all in the hall at King's Acremont.
# Show time: Preparing for their production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, from left, Christina Scullion (Veruca Salt), Gabriel Berraondo (Charlie Bucket), Jonathan Worden (Willie Wonka), Oliver Wilkinson (Augustus Gloop) and Alice Crofts (Violet Beauregard).