Meet the characters of Dick Whittington as KD Theatre launch their Christmas pantomime in Ely
- Credit: Archant
What better way to get into the festive spirit than meeting the characters of Dick Whittington at Poets House as KD Theatre Productions held its official launch event.
Guests were treated to a sneak preview of what can be expected from as the colourful cast made grand entrances in full costume.
As well as sharing with everyone why they love performing in Ely, there was an impromptu octave-defying musical performance from Gregory Hazel, who plays the wicked villain 'Queen Rat'.
Alongside Hazel the panto will feature the hilarious Terry Gauci, who returns as Dame Sarah Sweet Tooth.
There is also a host of Ely pantomime favourites including Lucinda Withers as 'Enchantress of the Thames', Terry Burns as 'The Captain', David Mcnair as 'Tommy the Cat', Lucy Bell as 'Alice' and 'Aaron Carr' as Dick Whittington.
Daniel Bell, producer for KD Theatre Productions, said: "It's a fantastic time for us to celebrate one of Ely's biggest events with many people who support us and enable us to put on the production every year.
"Audiences can expect everything they would hope to see from a KD pantomime; live music, high energy choreography, spectacular sets, stunning costumes and lots of laughs for all the family from a cast of seasoned professionals… all in our home city of Ely!"
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 5 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
Austen Dack, marketing and PR manager for KD Theatre, said: "This year we are expecting 11,000 people through the doors over the Christmas period.
"We want to encourage families to make a day of it and visit the fantastic businesses which have supported the pantomime.
"If that wasn't enough, we've also got a family ticket to give away for the 3pm performance on Saturday December 14."
To win, just tell us where in Ely Dick Whittington is being performed. Email your competition entries to email@example.com with a contact number. The competition closes on October 14 at 9am.
The pantomime, which is sponsored by Cheffin's Ely with partners Sylhet, Price and Bailey, The Animal Experience and Pure Ely, runs from December 13 to January 5 2020 at The Maltings in Ely.
Tickets can be booked online at www.kdtheatre.co.uk or by calling the Box Office on 01353 725 026.