Cast announced for open-air musical in cathedral grounds
- Credit: KD THEATRE
Casting for an Olivier-Award-winning family musical that will be staged open-air in the grounds of Ely Cathedral has been announced.
KD Theatre Productions will return to The Dean’s Garden for a third year with their ‘open air theatre season’.
The company will stage ‘HONK!’, which is a reimagining of Hans Christian Andersen’s ‘The Ugly Duckling’, from July 20-25.
Written by George Stiles and Anthony Drewe, it will see Joey Warne lead the show as Ugly with Leah Pinney as Ida.
Also appearing in the production will be Charlie Culkin, Gregor Duncan, Emma Hough, David Mcnair, Hannah Ponting and Rhys Whiteside.
Honk! tells the tale of ‘Ugly’, a young duckling who appears to look different to his brothers and sisters.
Made fun of by the other farmyard animals, Ugly is lured away by the devious Cat who hopes to enjoy Ugly as a lunchtime snack.
Just as Ugly clocks on to what is happening, he tries to run but can’t find his way back to the farmyard.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 7 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 8 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
On his search for home, he encounters some larger-than-life characters who all teach him different lessons which begin to help Ugly realise it’s what’s on this inside that matters.
The musical will be directed by Daniel Bell and choreographed by Katherine Hickmott with musical direction by Jack Breeze.
The show is produced by KD Theatre Productions and will take place in the grounds of Ely Cathedral from July 20.
There will also be a one-off performance in the grounds of Peterborough Cathedral on August 7.
Tickets are on sale now.