Don’t miss KD Theatre’s giant of a pantomime at The Maltings this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Don’t miss KD Theatre Productions’ giant of a pantomime which is at The Maltings in Ely until January 2.
The local group brings Jack and the Beanstalk to life throughout the Christmas season and last night’s gala performance proved why it is such a hit with families.
One of those watching the show was the Mayor of Ely, Councillor Mike Rouse, who said: “Whatever you do, go and see it, relax and have fun this Christmas season.”
Terry Gauci returns by popular demand as Handyman Harry and Daniel Bell returns to the stage to play Dame Trott.
Ely favourites Gregory Hazel and Lucinda Withers return to play Spirit of the Beans and Baroness Blunderbore alongside a cast of professional performers.
The cast is also joined by local young children from KD Academy.
Daniel Bell, writer and director, said: “Featuring a live band, spectacular sets and lavish costumes, there really is no better way to kick start your festive activities.”
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 9 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 10 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
Poor old Dame Trott cannot believe what her son, Jack, brings back in exchange for the cow – but what might seem like a bag of old beans could just be the start of a new adventure for the Trott family.
To book £12.50 tickets online visit www.kdtheatre.co.uk or call the box office on 01353 725026.
Running time: two hour 15 minutes approx. (including 20 minute interval).