Girl who was diagnosed with brain tumour at just eight-years-old meets her celeb idol Lewis Hamilton thanks to children’s charity
- Credit: Supplied / Rays of Sunshine
A Cambridgeshire youngster, who was diagnosed with a brain tumour when she was just eight-years-old, has finally met her celebrity idol Lewis Hamilton.
Thanks to children's charity Rays of Sunshine, 11-year-old Kacie met the Formula 1 star at the Mercedes Factory in Brackley at a special event held for seriously ill children.
Kacie, who lives in Cambridge, has had to endure three brain surgeries and has been closely monitored with MRI scans and regular check-ups for three years since her diagnosis.
She is a huge fan of Lewis Hamilton and loves Formula 1, her greatest wish to meet Lewis and watch him race at the Grand Prix.
The charity - formed in 2003 - took her to the exclusive event for a behind the scenes tour of the Mercedes Benz factory, which is unavailable to general members of the public.
After the tour, Lewis spent time with Kacie and her family chatting, signing merchandise and taking lots of photos.
To top it all off, Kacie got to go to the Silverstone race track and experience the 2019 Grand Prix and watch Lewis secure the win.
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 3 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 4 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 5 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 6 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 8 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
Kacie's mum, Lisa, said: "Kacie had an amazing day. We are all still talking about it. Meeting Lewis Hamilton was Kacie's wish come true.
"Her little face when she saw Lewis will be a picture in my head forever; she was so overwhelmed with joy. He was very friendly and so welcoming to Kacie."