Girl who was diagnosed with brain tumour at just eight-years-old meets her celeb idol Lewis Hamilton thanks to children’s charity
- Credit: Supplied / Rays of Sunshine
A Cambridgeshire youngster, who was diagnosed with a brain tumour when she was just eight-years-old, has finally met her celebrity idol Lewis Hamilton.
Thanks to children's charity Rays of Sunshine, 11-year-old Kacie met the Formula 1 star at the Mercedes Factory in Brackley at a special event held for seriously ill children.
Kacie, who lives in Cambridge, has had to endure three brain surgeries and has been closely monitored with MRI scans and regular check-ups for three years since her diagnosis.
She is a huge fan of Lewis Hamilton and loves Formula 1, her greatest wish to meet Lewis and watch him race at the Grand Prix.
The charity - formed in 2003 - took her to the exclusive event for a behind the scenes tour of the Mercedes Benz factory, which is unavailable to general members of the public.
You may also want to watch:
After the tour, Lewis spent time with Kacie and her family chatting, signing merchandise and taking lots of photos.
To top it all off, Kacie got to go to the Silverstone race track and experience the 2019 Grand Prix and watch Lewis secure the win.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
Kacie's mum, Lisa, said: "Kacie had an amazing day. We are all still talking about it. Meeting Lewis Hamilton was Kacie's wish come true.
"Her little face when she saw Lewis will be a picture in my head forever; she was so overwhelmed with joy. He was very friendly and so welcoming to Kacie."