Juniors make banners with artist Rikki
ARTIST Rikki Ottis spent three days at Ely s St Mary s School making banners with new children who will be joining in September. The banners are part of a special transition project to help Year 2 children from Spring Meadow Infant and Nursery School star
ARTIST Rikki Ottis spent three days at Ely's St Mary's School making banners with new children who will be joining in September.
The banners are part of a special transition project to help Year 2 children from Spring Meadow Infant and Nursery School starting at the school in the new term.
Headteacher James Hickish said: "This is the second year we have had an artist working with our up-coming Year 3 children and it has been an absolute delight.
"We can't wait for the children to join us, and I think most of them are now feeling much more confident about their move to junior school now that they have spent some time with us."
You may also want to watch:
The banners are screen printed by the children themselves and show pictures to represent the school ethos of R.E.S.P.E.C.T where each letter stands for the words Responsibility, Excellence, Spirituality, Enjoyment, Care and Tolerance.
Year 3 leader Rebekah Gardner said: "When the new children arrive in September the banners will all be up in the hall to welcome them on their first day and help them feel immediately a valued part of our school.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on