Jump on board Cathedrals Express steam train on nostalgic journey from Ely to Bath and Bristol
- Credit: Archant
Jump on board The Cathedrals Express steam train as it embarks on a nostalgic journey from Ely to Bath and Bristol.
Locals can take a nostalgic steam-hauled journey to the West Country on Tuesday March 7. The train will depart from Ely at around 7am, hauled initially by a vintage diesel engine, before making its way towards West London.
Then, the 1927-built steam locomotive Royal Scot will take over, pulling into Bath at around 2.10pm, giving passengers several hours to explore.
Marcus Robertson, chairman of Steam Dreams, said: “Apart from a brief appearance in 2009, Royal Scot returned to the mainline last year after a 50-year absence - restored to her former glory - so it will be a very special occasion for those on-board to be hauled by this magnificent engine.”
During the return journey, those dining will receive a four or five course meal. The Cathedrals Express will arrive back in Ely at around 11.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets, which range from £119 (premium standard) to £265 (top class of Pullman style dining), call the booking office on 01483 209888 or visit www.CathedralsExpress.co.uk
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 5 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor