Jump into the brilliant world of books at Littleport Library Book Festival
- Credit: Archant
Littleport Library is inviting the town to delve into the world of books at its annual Book Festival.
The two-week celebration of local writers and poets will begin on Wednesday September 7 with a visit from Cambridge-based author and journalist, Midge Gillies.
As well as authors speaking about their work, the fortnight-long showcase will feature school visits, book launches and even a birthday party, courtesy of Arts Alive in Libraries.
Since 2015, Arts Alive in Libraries has brought exciting activities to eight libraries in the county, including transforming Littleport Library into an art studio, a theatre and a cinema.
Events have included spooky ghost stories from Robert Lloyd Parry, sing-along film screenings of Grease, West Side Story and Frozen, graffiti Art with Si Mitchell, poetry workshops with Elaine Ewart, classical cabaret from the wonderful Opera Dudes and magical storytelling and crafts with illustrator Karin Littlewood.
You may also want to watch:
Through the project, the library commissioned storyteller Chip Colquhoun to produce a special retelling of the Littleport Riots story aimed at younger listeners.
The resulting tale - A Little Sport in Littleport – was performed to spellbound audiences earlier this year.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
Wednesday September 7: Midge Gillies at Littleport Library
Friday September 9: Benjamin Johncock at Littleport Library
Saturday September 10: Roald Dahl Birthday Party at Littleport Library
Tuesday September 13: Alison Bruce at Littleport Library
Thursday September 15: John Lyons at Littleport Community Primary School
Friday September 16: James Nicol at Millfield Primary School
Saturday September 17: Chip Colquhoun at Littleport Library
For more information, visit www.babylonarts.org.uk.