Ely Hero Awards 2018: Judges meet to shortlist across the ten categories
- Credit: Archant
The judges have met for this year’s Ely Hero Awards to decide who will be shortlisted ahead of the event next month.
An interim meeting was held at The Poets House today to learn more about the process the judges will go through.
The likes of Councillor Lis Every, Gill Prangnell from Cambridgeshire Chamber of Commerce and Cathy Wright from Ely Foodbank are among the panel.
They are now organised to interview nominees within their respective categories to learn more about them and the special things they do.
Naomi Sherwood, business development manager, said: “We had a very exciting meeting on Tuesday with the judges to go through the next stage of the process in order to shortlist and finalise those nominated in all of the categories.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s certainly a hard job for the judges as the standard of the nominations once again is so high, but the challenge is being met with great enthusiasm and eagerness.
“There are a huge amount of incredible people within the community and everyone involved in the process is very much looking forward to learning more about these special people.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
“I would like to extend a massive thank you to the judges who are working so hard and to Sadie Finch who has collated all the nominations.”
The ceremony will be held on June 25 at The Maltings.