Ely Amateur Dramatic Society to perform Journey’s End at The Maltings
- Credit: Archant
To commemorate the centenary of the end of The First World War, Ely Amateur Dramatic Society is performing Journey’s End at The Maltings on November 8, 9 and 10.
The play is based on R.C. Sherriff’s real-life experiences during the war.
He was an officer in the East Surrey Regiment and wounded in the battle of Passchendaele in 1917.
In the play Captain Stanhope is nervous and exhausted after three years on the front line.
Now, as he and his officers sit in their dug-out awaiting attack, the full horror and futility of trench warfare unfolds.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £12 and can be purchased from Burrows Bookshop, 9 High Street Passage, Ely 01353 669759 or are online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/elyamateurdramaticsociety
For group bookings of 10 or more the cost is £11 per ticket. To make a group booking contact Burrows Bookshop.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens