Josie, 10, raises £200 with one hour ‘gymnasticathon’ and other events- and duly reported on here by her older brother, Alex, 12
- Credit: Archant
A 10 –year-old raising money for charity will always be news- and deservedly so. But it’s not every day you find your older brother compiling a report on your achievements for the local paper. Josie Oakhill raised the cash- her brother Alex, 12, compiled the report. And here it is.
On Saturday 19th March at 3 pm, 10 year old Josie Oakhill started a one hour ‘gymnasticathon’ with her friends in an attempt to raise money for Sport Relief.
The event was put in jeopardy after Josie had to have an X-Ray on her foot on Thursday 17th. Luckily there was only damage to the tissue in her foot and she managed to complete the one hour of non-stop Gymnastics.
Josie did the one hour challenge for Sport Relief with 13 other Gymnastic mad girls managing to raise well over the £150 she had been expecting to make.
Thanks to selling cakes on the day, sponsorship and donations, Josie managed to raise an incredible £200 for Sport Relief.
The following day Josie then joined in at the Chatteris mile for Sport Relief with her family. Josie is just a normal girl who wants to raise money for less fortunate people than here.
She raised enough money that two children, found on the streets of India could be reunited with their family or a midwife could be trained in Africa and save thousands of lives.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
All it needs is a bit of preparation and you could do it too.