Join Cathy for bumper birthday fund-raiser
- Credit: Archant
Littleport resident Cathy Gibb will be using her 60th birthday celebrations to raise funds for new equipment for Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
On Friday, Ms Gibb will be hosting her 60th birthday and fund-raising charity event at the Crown Inn, in Main Street.
The event, which begins at 8pm, will feature a disco and an appearance from cabaret star Felicity Flappes.
There will also be karaoke session and raffle tickets will be sold at £1 a strip to raise funds for a new scanner for Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
Cathy said: “In 2014 I have done a 23 mile charity walk, two ice bucket and three pie in the face challenges for the Brain Tumour Charity, and I intend to do a skydive later in the year, but I still wanted to do something different for my 60th birthday.
You may also want to watch:
“I am just amazed how all local businesses and individuals have rallied round and supported my event by generously donating some fantastic raffle prizes.
“We have three tickets to see Cambridge United, two £30 vouchers for a piercing or a tattoo at Beynur’s Tattoos, a £20 voucher dine in meal at Indian Garden and chiropody/podiatry treatment by Angela Wilson, plus many more fantastic prizes to be won,”
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 6 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity
Ms Gibb, who is also a reporter for the Littleport Life’s community magazine, said everyone was welcome to attend the event.