Join Cathy for bumper birthday fund-raiser
- Credit: Archant
Littleport resident Cathy Gibb will be using her 60th birthday celebrations to raise funds for new equipment for Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
On Friday, Ms Gibb will be hosting her 60th birthday and fund-raising charity event at the Crown Inn, in Main Street.
The event, which begins at 8pm, will feature a disco and an appearance from cabaret star Felicity Flappes.
There will also be karaoke session and raffle tickets will be sold at £1 a strip to raise funds for a new scanner for Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
Cathy said: “In 2014 I have done a 23 mile charity walk, two ice bucket and three pie in the face challenges for the Brain Tumour Charity, and I intend to do a skydive later in the year, but I still wanted to do something different for my 60th birthday.
“I am just amazed how all local businesses and individuals have rallied round and supported my event by generously donating some fantastic raffle prizes.
“We have three tickets to see Cambridge United, two £30 vouchers for a piercing or a tattoo at Beynur’s Tattoos, a £20 voucher dine in meal at Indian Garden and chiropody/podiatry treatment by Angela Wilson, plus many more fantastic prizes to be won,”
- 1 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 2 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 3 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 4 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 5 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 7 Vehicle fire caused heavy traffic on A14
- 8 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 9 Life sentence confirmed for Rikki Neave murderer
- 10 County Day hopes to shine light on young farmers of Cambridgeshire
Ms Gibb, who is also a reporter for the Littleport Life’s community magazine, said everyone was welcome to attend the event.