Join an Ely group for support and friendship
- Credit: Archant
A group which meets to support people diagnosed with Parkinson’s plus their carers enjoyed a trip to the gardens of the former Anglesey Abbey head gardener.
The Ely and District Parkinson’s UK Support Group went to the gardens of Richard Ayers at Lode and were given a tour with a question and answer session on his many plants along with tips for people suffering problems with their own garden.
At the end of the tour members enjoyed homemade cake and tea and Jenny Lowles, secretary, presented Richard with a donation towards the church funds.
The support group meets regularly at Bell Holt Community Centre in Ely on the third Tuesday of the month, apart from August.
The next meeting is on Tuesday September 20 at 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Members enjoy a relaxed social event and anyone who is a sufferer is welcome to come along with friends or carers.
Contact Jenny Lowles on 01353 861674 or Brian Hayes, chairman, on 01353 860102.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed