Join a meeting to get better internet connection in the Ely area
- Credit: Rawpixel - Fotolia
Residents and business owners affected by a lack of broadband in their area are being encouraged to attend a meeting with BT to raise their concerns along with local MP Lucy Frazer.
Many people in Cambridgeshire are affected by the lack of high speed broadband and, in some cases, no access at all.
Following a number of complaints about broadband services in areas such as Prickwillow, Isleham, Kirtling, Little Wilbraham and West Wickham, Ms Frazer requested that representatives from BT and Openreach meet with local people to address these issues.
She said: “It is not acceptable that in some areas people have little or no access to broadband and I have heard from many people across my constituency who are affected by lack of broadband provision.
“I will be holding a meeting for residents to meet with BT, Openreach and Connecting Cambridgeshire and discuss how to solve the issue of many of our villages not being able to access broadband.
You may also want to watch:
“I am hoping that BT will take the opportunity to engage with everyone affected and work with us to find a solution that works.”
The meeting will take place on October 23 in Stetchworth.
- 1 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 4 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Village-wide pyjama day raises £1,600 for Cambridge's new children’s hospital
- 7 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 8 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 9 Lib Dem gains in East Cambs send shivers down county Tories spine
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
Anyone interested in attending can register their interest by emailing Lucy directly at email@example.com.