Join a meeting to get better internet connection in the Ely area
- Credit: Rawpixel - Fotolia
Residents and business owners affected by a lack of broadband in their area are being encouraged to attend a meeting with BT to raise their concerns along with local MP Lucy Frazer.
Many people in Cambridgeshire are affected by the lack of high speed broadband and, in some cases, no access at all.
Following a number of complaints about broadband services in areas such as Prickwillow, Isleham, Kirtling, Little Wilbraham and West Wickham, Ms Frazer requested that representatives from BT and Openreach meet with local people to address these issues.
She said: “It is not acceptable that in some areas people have little or no access to broadband and I have heard from many people across my constituency who are affected by lack of broadband provision.
“I will be holding a meeting for residents to meet with BT, Openreach and Connecting Cambridgeshire and discuss how to solve the issue of many of our villages not being able to access broadband.
You may also want to watch:
“I am hoping that BT will take the opportunity to engage with everyone affected and work with us to find a solution that works.”
The meeting will take place on October 23 in Stetchworth.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
Anyone interested in attending can register their interest by emailing Lucy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.