Join a meeting to get better internet connection in the Ely area
- Credit: Rawpixel - Fotolia
Residents and business owners affected by a lack of broadband in their area are being encouraged to attend a meeting with BT to raise their concerns along with local MP Lucy Frazer.
Many people in Cambridgeshire are affected by the lack of high speed broadband and, in some cases, no access at all.
Following a number of complaints about broadband services in areas such as Prickwillow, Isleham, Kirtling, Little Wilbraham and West Wickham, Ms Frazer requested that representatives from BT and Openreach meet with local people to address these issues.
She said: “It is not acceptable that in some areas people have little or no access to broadband and I have heard from many people across my constituency who are affected by lack of broadband provision.
“I will be holding a meeting for residents to meet with BT, Openreach and Connecting Cambridgeshire and discuss how to solve the issue of many of our villages not being able to access broadband.
“I am hoping that BT will take the opportunity to engage with everyone affected and work with us to find a solution that works.”
The meeting will take place on October 23 in Stetchworth.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
Anyone interested in attending can register their interest by emailing Lucy directly at email@example.com.