Join a city stroll to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society
- Credit: Archant
Put on some comfy shoes and join a charity stroll around Ely led by a trained walk leader to help raise money for charity.
The two hour sponsored event will raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society.
Linda Everett, who is also a community first responder, said: “We want as many people as possible to join us, it will be an enjoyable event,, not too strenuous while also helping raie money for charity at the same time.
“It is being led by David Clark, a trained walk leader.
“My mother had Alzheimer’s which is why I want to raise funds for this very worthwhile cause.”
You may also want to watch:
• The walk is on Wednesday September 6. Meet at 2pm outside Ely Cathedral. For details call Linda on 01353-662457,
• The Cambridge and Ely Alzheimer’s Society branch can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01954 250322. It provides information and education and support for families and carers. Local office hours 9am-4pm, an answerphone is available on 01954 250322 or call the National Helpline on 0300 222 1122.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'