BBC Cambs’ Johnny Dee tries to find the one that he wants ahead of 40th anniversary Grease sing-along
- Credit: Archant
BBC Radio Cambridgeshire’s Johnny Dee was out and about in March and Ely this week trying to find people to join him a spontaneous sing-along in celebration of the 40th anniversary of Grease.
To mark four decades since the classic movie’s release, he took to March market on Monday to try and find his Sandy.
Appearing as John Revolta, who used to turn heads, he finally found local lass Valerie.
BBC Radio Cambs then asked him to search for an Olivia Newton John.
“I don’t care if she’s an OAP, as long as she can sport a blonde wig and hit the high notes she’ll do for my Olivia,” he said ahead of the sing-along.
You may also want to watch:
Johnny then took the extensive two date tour to Ely Market yesterday (April 18) and with temperatures rising to the high 20s, ‘Summer Lovin’ came to Cambridgeshire.
To coincide with the 40th anniversary, there are three sing-along screenings at the Arts Picturehouse in Cambridge tonight – with 500 people booked in.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
The Light Cinema at Wisbech, meanwhile, has a sing-along screening starting at 7.45pm tonight.
Visit www.picturehouses.com or www.wisbech.lightcinemas.co.uk/grease-40th