Jobs to be created at Ely vets centre after it wins permission to open retail store
- Credit: Archant
Three full and two part-time jobs look set to be created once the Isle of Ely Veterinary Centre open a pet shop at their West Fen Road headquarters,
The centre has been given planning permission by East Cambs Council to turn a storage area on the first floor into a retail space.
“The proposal would provide a retail area where the veterinary centre could sell associated pet products,” said a report by local planners.
An enclosed passenger lift extension and a separate external stair case are being provided.
The centre put forward an earlier application that was also approved but the latest application included design changes and amendments to the siting of the passenger lift.
You may also want to watch:
Planners noted the site is relatively isolated and set back from the highway and agreed the proposal would not have a significant impact on the character and appearance of the area.
The district council is happy too that sufficient parking spaces have been provided.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
The centre once thought of renting the spare space for offices but found no takers and so decided to go ahead with the retail outlet.