Jobs to be created at Ely vets centre after it wins permission to open retail store
- Credit: Archant
Three full and two part-time jobs look set to be created once the Isle of Ely Veterinary Centre open a pet shop at their West Fen Road headquarters,
The centre has been given planning permission by East Cambs Council to turn a storage area on the first floor into a retail space.
“The proposal would provide a retail area where the veterinary centre could sell associated pet products,” said a report by local planners.
An enclosed passenger lift extension and a separate external stair case are being provided.
The centre put forward an earlier application that was also approved but the latest application included design changes and amendments to the siting of the passenger lift.
Planners noted the site is relatively isolated and set back from the highway and agreed the proposal would not have a significant impact on the character and appearance of the area.
The district council is happy too that sufficient parking spaces have been provided.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 2 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 3 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 4 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 5 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 7 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 8 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
The centre once thought of renting the spare space for offices but found no takers and so decided to go ahead with the retail outlet.