Jobs to be created at Ely vets centre after it wins permission to open retail store
- Credit: Archant
Three full and two part-time jobs look set to be created once the Isle of Ely Veterinary Centre open a pet shop at their West Fen Road headquarters,
The centre has been given planning permission by East Cambs Council to turn a storage area on the first floor into a retail space.
“The proposal would provide a retail area where the veterinary centre could sell associated pet products,” said a report by local planners.
An enclosed passenger lift extension and a separate external stair case are being provided.
The centre put forward an earlier application that was also approved but the latest application included design changes and amendments to the siting of the passenger lift.
Planners noted the site is relatively isolated and set back from the highway and agreed the proposal would not have a significant impact on the character and appearance of the area.
The district council is happy too that sufficient parking spaces have been provided.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 3 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 4 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 5 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 6 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 7 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 8 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 9 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 10 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
The centre once thought of renting the spare space for offices but found no takers and so decided to go ahead with the retail outlet.