Jobs still up for grabs in East Cambridgeshire as the employment rate is at a record high across the UK
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 jobs are up for grabs across East Cambridgeshire as it is announced that the employment rate is at a record high across the UK.
The figures released earlier this week show that the unemployment rate is now 4.2 per cent – down 0.4 per cent since last year – with the number of people out of work falling by 115,000.
However, bosses at the Jobcentre Plus revealed that dozens of jobs are still available across Ely and surrounding areas.
In Ely, Cambridgeshire County Council have 15 jobs, Better Healthcare up to 10 and G’s Fresh have more than 30 positions available, while various childcare providers also on the look out for new employees.
In Sutton, Blue Arrow is recruiting with 75 jobs on offer.
You may also want to watch:
While in Littleport, the Good People recruitment agency is looking for refuse loaders and drivers on behalf of East Cambs Streetscene.
Esther McVey, Work and Pensions Secretary, said: “We want people to open up the huge range of choices they have for future careers, and that is why we are organising taster sessions across a whole range of industries from construction to hospitality and everything in between.”
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed