Joanne’s table top sale is a fundraising success
- Credit: Archant
A Littleport woman raised £125 for The Port youth group by holding a table-top sale.
Joanne Coe, nominated for the Littleport Parish Council’s Citizen of the Year award, held the fundraiser at the ex-servicemen’s club.
£55 of the money raised went to The Port, which gave another £70 from the fees paid by stall-holders, into the Littleport Ex-Servicemen’s Club funds.
The Littleport Ex-Servicemen’s Club is now the venue for The Port’s youth club meetings.
“The event was a great success. Thanks to everyone who contributed their money, time and effort into this sale,” said Joanne.
You may also want to watch:
“And to the many visitors who came along to support The Port.”
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely