Musician to release free track with ‘uplifting edge’ online in time for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
An east Cambridgeshire musician who spent her days in lockdown working on her music is ready to release her latest “uplifting” track.
Jo Ash from Ely will release her new single ‘Paper Cards’ free of charge online on Saturday, December 5 just in time for Christmas.
Ms Ash said: “Many of my followers know that I’m not really into Christmas but this year I felt a little differently.
“I spent three days during November writing, recording and producing it.
“Then I tidied it up and gave it some sparkle, before sending it for mixing and mastering to Chris Mann, known as Prods in the Dark, for his professional touch.”
You may also want to watch:
The song tells the fictional story of a man who gives a message to his child before going into battle, in the same way his own father did years before.
Ms Ash added: “Despite its context, I aimed to give the track an uplifting edge in both its production and lyrical content.”
To download the song, visit: www.joash1.bandcamp.com
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Care home still 'requires improvement'