WATCH: Hooded burglars try to cover CCTV camera before stealing jewellery from a house in Soham while the owners were away
- Credit: Archant
Do you recognise the two hooded men in this CCTV footage? Police want to speak to them in connection with the theft of jewellery from a house in Soham while the owners were away.
The incident relates to house in The Birches which was burgled at about 12.10am on February 14.
In the fifteen second video released by Cambs Police it is obvious that the intruder recognises that there are CCTV cameras.
In one moment he is seen moving towards the camera and reaching out to put his hand over the lens to cover it.
The police are hoping that if people pause on the moment they come closest to camera they will be able to identify the two burglars.
What’s remarkable about the video is the unhurried nature and demeanour of the two intruders.
Anyone with information regarding this incident, or who recognises the people in the CCTV, should call police on 101 quoting CF0085560218 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 6 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 9 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org