WATCH: Hooded burglars try to cover CCTV camera before stealing jewellery from a house in Soham while the owners were away
- Credit: Archant
Do you recognise the two hooded men in this CCTV footage? Police want to speak to them in connection with the theft of jewellery from a house in Soham while the owners were away.
The incident relates to house in The Birches which was burgled at about 12.10am on February 14.
In the fifteen second video released by Cambs Police it is obvious that the intruder recognises that there are CCTV cameras.
In one moment he is seen moving towards the camera and reaching out to put his hand over the lens to cover it.
The police are hoping that if people pause on the moment they come closest to camera they will be able to identify the two burglars.
You may also want to watch:
What’s remarkable about the video is the unhurried nature and demeanour of the two intruders.
Anyone with information regarding this incident, or who recognises the people in the CCTV, should call police on 101 quoting CF0085560218 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org