Jessica’s dogs have their day at Ely and District Wildfowlers’ annual event
- Credit: Archant
Jessica Burrows and her two dogs put in a star showing at the annual Ken Gandy Memorial Gundog Test, held last weekend.
A total of 29 dogs took part in the annual competition, run by the Ely and District Wildfowlers’ Association and held at Frank’s Farm, in March.
The main open event was won by Jessica and her Labrador bitch, Blackreef High Flyer, with the memorial trophy won by Jessica and her Labrador dog, Blackreef Excalibur.
Judges for the event were Melvyn Hurst, Ian Probart, Katie Capps and David Wilcox.
Sponsors for the event were the British Association for Shooting and Conservation and Ely and District Wildfowlers’ and all places were sponsored by CSJ Specialist Canine Feeds.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the sale of refreshments and the prize draw amounted to £115 which were donated to Peterborough Hospital Breast Cancer Unit Trust.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 8 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 9 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
BASC Open Test
Winner: Jessica Burrows - Blackreef High Flyer Labrador Bitch
Second: Tina Habbin - Stitch - Labrador Dog
Third: Tony Wakelin - Bonnie - Labrador Bitch
Ken Gandy Memorial Trophy Novice Test
Winner: Jessica Burrows - Blackreef Excalibur - Labrador dog
Second: Bridget Diggens - Inca - Labrador Bitch
Third: Hailey Drew - Ace - Labrador Dog
Winners: Hoe Hunters Team: Bridgett Diggins, Lindsey Grimwade, Adam Luck and James Easter.