Jessica’s dogs have their day at Ely and District Wildfowlers’ annual event
- Credit: Archant
Jessica Burrows and her two dogs put in a star showing at the annual Ken Gandy Memorial Gundog Test, held last weekend.
A total of 29 dogs took part in the annual competition, run by the Ely and District Wildfowlers’ Association and held at Frank’s Farm, in March.
The main open event was won by Jessica and her Labrador bitch, Blackreef High Flyer, with the memorial trophy won by Jessica and her Labrador dog, Blackreef Excalibur.
Judges for the event were Melvyn Hurst, Ian Probart, Katie Capps and David Wilcox.
Sponsors for the event were the British Association for Shooting and Conservation and Ely and District Wildfowlers’ and all places were sponsored by CSJ Specialist Canine Feeds.
Proceeds from the sale of refreshments and the prize draw amounted to £115 which were donated to Peterborough Hospital Breast Cancer Unit Trust.
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 3 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 4 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 7 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 8 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 9 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 10 Ely and Cambridge for Neil Hilgrove Colledge recitals
BASC Open Test
Winner: Jessica Burrows - Blackreef High Flyer Labrador Bitch
Second: Tina Habbin - Stitch - Labrador Dog
Third: Tony Wakelin - Bonnie - Labrador Bitch
Ken Gandy Memorial Trophy Novice Test
Winner: Jessica Burrows - Blackreef Excalibur - Labrador dog
Second: Bridget Diggens - Inca - Labrador Bitch
Third: Hailey Drew - Ace - Labrador Dog
Winners: Hoe Hunters Team: Bridgett Diggins, Lindsey Grimwade, Adam Luck and James Easter.