Jessica’s dogs have their day at Ely and District Wildfowlers’ annual event
- Credit: Archant
Jessica Burrows and her two dogs put in a star showing at the annual Ken Gandy Memorial Gundog Test, held last weekend.
A total of 29 dogs took part in the annual competition, run by the Ely and District Wildfowlers’ Association and held at Frank’s Farm, in March.
The main open event was won by Jessica and her Labrador bitch, Blackreef High Flyer, with the memorial trophy won by Jessica and her Labrador dog, Blackreef Excalibur.
Judges for the event were Melvyn Hurst, Ian Probart, Katie Capps and David Wilcox.
Sponsors for the event were the British Association for Shooting and Conservation and Ely and District Wildfowlers’ and all places were sponsored by CSJ Specialist Canine Feeds.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the sale of refreshments and the prize draw amounted to £115 which were donated to Peterborough Hospital Breast Cancer Unit Trust.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
BASC Open Test
Winner: Jessica Burrows - Blackreef High Flyer Labrador Bitch
Second: Tina Habbin - Stitch - Labrador Dog
Third: Tony Wakelin - Bonnie - Labrador Bitch
Ken Gandy Memorial Trophy Novice Test
Winner: Jessica Burrows - Blackreef Excalibur - Labrador dog
Second: Bridget Diggens - Inca - Labrador Bitch
Third: Hailey Drew - Ace - Labrador Dog
Winners: Hoe Hunters Team: Bridgett Diggins, Lindsey Grimwade, Adam Luck and James Easter.