Jessica’s dogs have their day at Ely and District Wildfowlers’ annual event
- Credit: Archant
Jessica Burrows and her two dogs put in a star showing at the annual Ken Gandy Memorial Gundog Test, held last weekend.
A total of 29 dogs took part in the annual competition, run by the Ely and District Wildfowlers’ Association and held at Frank’s Farm, in March.
The main open event was won by Jessica and her Labrador bitch, Blackreef High Flyer, with the memorial trophy won by Jessica and her Labrador dog, Blackreef Excalibur.
Judges for the event were Melvyn Hurst, Ian Probart, Katie Capps and David Wilcox.
Sponsors for the event were the British Association for Shooting and Conservation and Ely and District Wildfowlers’ and all places were sponsored by CSJ Specialist Canine Feeds.
Proceeds from the sale of refreshments and the prize draw amounted to £115 which were donated to Peterborough Hospital Breast Cancer Unit Trust.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
BASC Open Test
Winner: Jessica Burrows - Blackreef High Flyer Labrador Bitch
Second: Tina Habbin - Stitch - Labrador Dog
Third: Tony Wakelin - Bonnie - Labrador Bitch
Ken Gandy Memorial Trophy Novice Test
Winner: Jessica Burrows - Blackreef Excalibur - Labrador dog
Second: Bridget Diggens - Inca - Labrador Bitch
Third: Hailey Drew - Ace - Labrador Dog
Winners: Hoe Hunters Team: Bridgett Diggins, Lindsey Grimwade, Adam Luck and James Easter.