Jeremy helps drum up a storm at world-record event
SOHAM musician Jeremy Peake was one of 798 drummers who came together recently to help set an ear-piercing new world record.
Jeremy joined hundreds of other avid drummers at EventCity in Manchester as they smashed the world record for the largest drum kit ensemble, doing their best to keep in time for a period of 15 minutes.
The previous record, 582 drummers, of which Jeremy was one, was set in Birmingham back in 2009.
He said: “It was a huge undertaking and I know the organisers were up day and night for a number of weeks before the event ensuring everything ran smoothly.
“The last time we set the record they said we generated the equivalent noise to a jet engine so that gives you an idea at just how loud almost 800 drummers would have been!”
You may also want to watch:
The drummers set themselves a target of raising �100 each for the event which has helped them raise almost �80,000 for the MS Society.
Jeremy said: “The MS Society do great work for people with a cruel disease. If anyone would like to sponsor me, for however small an amount, all of the money will help to improve the lives of sufferers”
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 3 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
If you would like to donate visit Jeremy’s donations page at: www.justgiving.com/Jeremy-Peake