Pupils learn about engineering careers during STEM day at Littleport business JDR Cable Systems
- Credit: Archant
A Littleport company opened their doors to 150 15-17-year-old students from schools and colleges around the Cambridgeshire as they hosted a a ‘STEMtastic’ event.
JDR Cable Systems Limited brought together industry and education in a workplace setting to educate and inspire young people to take an interest in engineering careers.
During the day, JDR ran a series challenges for the students - the winners got the chance of a work experience placement, which could result in an apprenticeship.
The day featured interactive activities across various functions to provide young people with a "hands on, enjoyable and insightful experience" said Vicki Ashton, strategic resourcing and talent manager.
"The day was a huge success and we, as a company, love inspiring the next generation of future engineers.
You may also want to watch:
"We also love demonstrating some of the key aspects associated with the offshore wind, oil and gas industry. "Our thanks to all involved."
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor