Hunt is on to find stolen £13k dumper
- Credit: Ash Jilka
The hunt is on to retrieve a £13,000 dumper truck stolen from a village building site.
A JCB one tonne dumper was stolen from a building site on High Street, Sutton between 4.30-5.30pm on November 18.
Ash Jilka, managing director of AJ Carpentry & Building Services, was alerted to the theft at the site which was “left wide open.
“We had a dumper and digger parked on the site and a white Ford Transit van was seen looking in during the afternoon,” he said.
“I got a phone call to say the site was left wide open at around 5.30pm; I get there and the dumper had gone.”
After the JCB dumper was towed away on a trailer, a key for the dumper was found on the ground nearby which was not a company key.
“The neighbour said they saw the van parked outside the site,” said Ash.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 ‘Successful’ sixth form open evening as more courses launch
“It would have been a couple of people involved at least.”
It is believed the digger could be between Sutton and Chatteris.
Ash is offering a cash reward for anyone who knows where the dumper is.
If you have more information, call Ash on 07989 341724 or contact Cambridgeshire Police using crime reference number: 35/79682/21.