Jan celebrates 25 not out with champagne reception
- Credit: Archant
AN Aldreth woman who has racked up 25 years service with retailer Marks and Spencer was thanked for her efforts with an exclusive champagne reception in London.
Jan Blackwell-Stein, 53, regional secretary for M&S Simply Food, started working for M&S in 1988, when the clothes rails were filled with lycra, leg warmers and shoulder-padded outfits.
Along with 88 other long-serving colleagues from across the UK, Jan was invited by M&S chief executive Marc Bolland to attend a champagne and canapés reception at the high street retailer’s London headquarters.
Jan was able to experience the event with her husband, Peter, before taking in a West End Show.
Jan said: “I’ve always loved my job and so this trip to London was the real icing on the cake after a wonderful quarter century. I never thought I’d make 25 years at M&S, but it feels like working with a big family and I’ve got to know some customers really well.”
You may also want to watch:
The origins of the M&S long service celebration date back to 1918, when an employee was awarded a gold watch for 25 years service to the company.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash