Jan celebrates 25 not out with champagne reception
- Credit: Archant
AN Aldreth woman who has racked up 25 years service with retailer Marks and Spencer was thanked for her efforts with an exclusive champagne reception in London.
Jan Blackwell-Stein, 53, regional secretary for M&S Simply Food, started working for M&S in 1988, when the clothes rails were filled with lycra, leg warmers and shoulder-padded outfits.
Along with 88 other long-serving colleagues from across the UK, Jan was invited by M&S chief executive Marc Bolland to attend a champagne and canapés reception at the high street retailer’s London headquarters.
Jan was able to experience the event with her husband, Peter, before taking in a West End Show.
Jan said: “I’ve always loved my job and so this trip to London was the real icing on the cake after a wonderful quarter century. I never thought I’d make 25 years at M&S, but it feels like working with a big family and I’ve got to know some customers really well.”
You may also want to watch:
The origins of the M&S long service celebration date back to 1918, when an employee was awarded a gold watch for 25 years service to the company.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face