Ely ‘superstar’ crowned young design engineer of the year at British excellence awards in London
- Credit: Archant
His colleagues refer to him as a ‘bit of an engineering superstar’ and for good reason – James Veale has been crowned young design engineer of the year.
For his Witchford, Ely based employers GiroNEX it's a considerable feather in their cap.
A spokesman for parent company GB Innomech said: "James landed the award in recognition of the huge technical contribution he's making at such an early point in his industrial career.
"He has excellent engineering, marketing and interpersonal skills but is also happy to invest time mentoring younger students, helping them problem solve and inspiring them to consider engineering as a career. "
James collected his award at the 10th annual British Engineering Excellence Awards ceremony in London.
You may also want to watch:
James joined GiroNEX as a graduate engineer in 2017 and went on to help the company launch its Cube system for automated precision powder dispensing earlier this year.
He was chosen as the overall winner within his category in recognition of his technical contribution in helping GiroNEX to develop and launch its first product series at an early point in his own career.
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 5 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 6 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 7 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 8 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 9 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
He was also commended for his personal qualities as an ambassador for the engineering profession.
The judges said they were also impressed by his involvement in helping local secondary schools to run competitive robotics events and getting their students excited about engineering design and programming.
GiroNEX Ltd is a Cambridgeshire based technology company building state-of-the-art intelligent automated gravimetric weighing instruments for powder dispensing. As a spin-out from GB Innomech, Gironex is solely focussed on developing its dispensing technology for a range of environments and markets.