James joins the on-call ranks at Ely fire station
- Credit: Archant
The on-call crew at Ely fire station has been boosted by the arrival of new team member, James Lambert.
The 28-year-old is one of six new recruits who passed out as on-call firefighters across the county this week.
As well as being an on-call firefighter James Lambert is a shift performance manager at the British Sugar factory, in Wissington, and also enjoys playing and watching football, shooting and taking part in numerous sports.
As on on-call firefighter, James is a trained professionals who will respond to emergencies in Ely alongside his day-to-day work.
He may be at home, work or out and about when he receives a pager alert and straight away they must jump into action and get ready to deal with any incident.
You may also want to watch:
On-call firefighters have to be aged 18 and over, have a good level of all-round fitness and live or work within five minutes travelling time of an on-call fire station.
Cambridgehsire Fire and Rescue Service is recruiting on-call firefighters and to find out more call 01480 444500 or log on to www.cambsfire.gov.uk.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 3 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
- 8 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 9 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 10 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire