Stunning drone photo captures Ely Cathedral at sunset
- Credit: JAMES BILLINGS
A member of Ely Photographic Club has shared a stunning sunset photo of Ely Cathedral from above that he captured using a drone camera.
James Billings, who describes himself as an enthusiastic photographer for many years now, said: "I am always on the lookout for new views of our cathedral."
So when he received a drone as a long-service gift from his employer, testing it out with some pictures of Ely Cathedral "seemed to be a good idea.
"In the middle of summer, the sun sets in the northwest, so I captured this image of the subtle colours in the sky after the sun had gone down below the horizon.
"The camera on the drone is nowhere near as versatile as my main camera (it's more akin to a decent mobile-phone).
You may also want to watch:
"So I used a technique known as HDR where several exposures at different brightnesses are blended together to give the final result."
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k