Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- Credit: CAMBS POLICE
The family of a "much-loved" Wisbech man who died following a crash have remembered him as an "amazing loving son, grandson, nephew and daddy of two".
Jake Hemmaway, of Sealey's Lane, Parson Drove, was on foot when the collision with a Jaguar XE took place at about 6.30am on October 26.
After being struck by the car on the A1198 near St Ives, the 24-year-old was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where he died on Monday (November 22).
The driver of the Jaguar, a 56-year-old man, remained at the scene. No arrests have been made.
In a tribute, Mr Hemmaway’s family said: “He was much loved by all and will be deeply missed.
“Jake was also a fun-loving character with a close circle of true friends, affectionately known as ‘The Reprobates’, who all have a true love of cars and each other.”
Anyone with any information should contact police via webchat: https://bit.ly/3vsiYDw or call 101 quoting incident 70 of October 26.
- 1 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 2 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 3 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 4 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 5 Green bin collections suspended
- 6 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 7 Turners of Soham to sponsor major race at Cheltenham Festival
- 8 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 9 Attacked PC nominated for bravery award
- 10 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order