Shop will continue with Covid precautions after July 19
- Credit: Archant
A Soham shop owner is urging customers to keep wearing face masks to protect one another when national Covid-19 restrictions end on July 19.
Jacky Hibbert, who owns Jak Hibs, said she and staff members “will still be taking precautions for the foreseeable future”.
This includes continuing to wear face masks, a two-metre social distancing will remain in place and hand sanitiser gel will still be available to use.
“I would prefer that customers continue to wear face masks/coverings whilst in my shop to help protect us and others,” Jacky added.
“Even though I and a lot of people have had both jabs, you can still catch Covid-19 and pass it on to other people.
“I'm not willing to make that call to unwittingly maybe, maybe not, pass Covid on to someone in our community who is still vulnerable, caring for ill relatives.
You may also want to watch:
“So I will be exercising my personal and social responsibility in trying to protect myself and those around me.
“I hope you can all understand and respect the choices I have made for helping to protect not only my staff and customers but the local community too #pleasewearamask”
- 1 Town considers home for market
- 2 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 3 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 4 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 5 Sutton couple mark seven decades of marriage
- 6 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 7 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 8 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 9 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 10 Derby win gets Ely City back on track after eight-goal thriller