JAILED: Prolific East Cambs shoplifter who breached ASBO banning him from numerous Ely shops
- Credit: Archant
A PROLIFIC shoplifter who breached the terms of an anti-social behaviour order banning him from a number of shops in Ely has been jailed.
Michael King, 33, of Duck Lane, Haddenham, was made the subject of a two-year anti-social behaviour order back in January in a bid to stop his offending.
Magistrates in Cambridge heard that King had a string of convictions dating back to 2000.
Since 2011, he has stolen from 10 different shops in Ely, targeting some businesses repeatedly. In 2012 alone he racked up 16 convictions.
The order imposed on King prohibited him from entering the following shops where he has committed multiple thefts:
You may also want to watch:
• Boots Chemist, Market Street
• Premier Convenience, High Street
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 5 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 6 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 7 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 8 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 9 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 10 Man named following fatal collision
• Waitrose, The Cloisters
• Sainsbury’s, Lisle Lane
• BP Garage associated shop and forecourt, Witchford Road
This week, however, King was back before the courts for breaching his Asbo. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to a total of 10 weeks in prison.
Ely Sgt Will Davis, said: “King is a frequent offender and well known to local officers.
“All help and support has and is being offered to prevent his offending, by police and other agencies, but, as yet, to no avail.
“Despite obvious frustrations with his continued offending, there is some sense of relief that there will be fewer victims in East Cambs knowing that he is in prison.”