Jail for man who attacked two women
- Credit: Archant
A man who attacked two women – biting, punching, slapping and pulling one of the victims - has been jailed for 32 weeks.
Steven Coulman, 35, of Errol Street, Islington pleaded guilty to assault by beating, breach of a non-molestation order and common assault at Cambridge Crown Court last Thursday (November 15). He was jailed for 32 weeks.
In November last year Coulman’s ex-partner was woken up by him standing over her in her living room in Cambridge. Over a two hour period he then punched, slapped, bit and pulled the victim around as well as verbally abusing her.
The victim suffered bites to her head and hand and bruises and bumps to her head.
In May last year, Coulman grabbed another woman in Cambridge by the throat and hit her in the face and the back of the head.
You may also want to watch:
Detective constable Mel Morley said: “Coulman subjected this woman to an unprovoked attack in her own home and beat another woman. The sentence reflects the severity of his offences.”
Coulman was sentenced to 12 weeks for assault by beating, six weeks concurrent for common assault and 20 weeks consecutive for breach of a the non-molestation order not to contact his ex-partner.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
He was also handed a restraining order not to contact the ex-partner or go within 100 metres of her home.