KD Theatre to perform Jack and the Beanstalk at The Maltings in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Now in its sixth year, KD Theatre Productions return to The Maltings in Ely for a giant of a pantomime - Jack and the Beanstalk.
Terry Gauci returns by popular demand as Handyman Harry and Daniel Bell returns to the stage to play Dame Trott.
Ely favourites Gregory Hazel and Lucinda Withers return to play Spirit of the Beans and Baroness Blunderbore alongside a cast of professional performers.
The cast will also be joined by local young children from KD Academy.
Daniel Bell, writer and director, said: “Featuring a live band, spectacular sets and lavish costumes, there really is no better way to kick start your festive activities.”
You may also want to watch:
Poor old Dame Trott cannot believe what her son, Jack, brings back in exchange for the cow – but what might seem like a bag of old beans could just be the start of a new adventure for the Trott family.
This year’s pantomime runs from December 14 to January 2. Running time: two hour 15 minutes approx. (including 20 minute interval)
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
To book £12.50 tickets online visit www.kdtheatre.co.uk or call the box office on 01353 725026.