KD Theatre to perform Jack and the Beanstalk at The Maltings in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Now in its sixth year, KD Theatre Productions return to The Maltings in Ely for a giant of a pantomime - Jack and the Beanstalk.
Terry Gauci returns by popular demand as Handyman Harry and Daniel Bell returns to the stage to play Dame Trott.
Ely favourites Gregory Hazel and Lucinda Withers return to play Spirit of the Beans and Baroness Blunderbore alongside a cast of professional performers.
The cast will also be joined by local young children from KD Academy.
Daniel Bell, writer and director, said: “Featuring a live band, spectacular sets and lavish costumes, there really is no better way to kick start your festive activities.”
Poor old Dame Trott cannot believe what her son, Jack, brings back in exchange for the cow – but what might seem like a bag of old beans could just be the start of a new adventure for the Trott family.
This year’s pantomime runs from December 14 to January 2. Running time: two hour 15 minutes approx. (including 20 minute interval)
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 5 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 6 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 7 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 8 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 9 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
To book £12.50 tickets online visit www.kdtheatre.co.uk or call the box office on 01353 725026.